- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 500 g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 10 seconds, then add tomato paste and stir garlic in.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, spreading paste along the bottom of the pan and stirring while cooking.
- Remove from heat, stir in crushed tomatoes, oregano, fresh basil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. If using as a dip then heat sauce through.
- Spread over pizza dough or store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Eat right. Have fun. Master real Italian pizza art!