Serves 3 cups
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion ½ cup chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 800 g crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add 1/2 cup chopped onion stirring often until soft and golden (about 5 min). Add minced garlic and stir 1 min, or until fragrant.
- Stir in 800g crushed tomatoes, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Bring to a light boil then reduce heat and simmer partially covered for 15 minutes.
- Finally, stir in 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil then turn off the heat.
Eat right. Have fun. Master real Italian pizza art!