- 450ml water
- 20g fresh yeast
- 40g tbsp butter
- 315g fine rye flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 400g plain (all-purpose) flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ ammonium carbonate (baker’s ammonium)
- Heat the water to 37 ℃. In a large bowl, mix the water and yeast, whisking to dissolve the yeast. Add the remaining ingredients and work into a dough until it is not sticking to the bowl. If necessary, add some more wheat flour. Cover with a cloth and leave for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven together with stone to the 250 ℃ temperature
- Put the dough on a floured work surface, roll it into a log and divide it into 25 pieces. Sprinkle some more flour on the work surface and roll each piece into a bun, first with a smooth rolling pin and then with a knobbed rolling pin; turn the dough occasionally and roll it out to about 20cm square. The thinner you roll it, the crispier the bread.
- Using a small amount of flour, dust your SliceCook peel.
- Lay your flattened dough on top and slide off your peel and into your SliceCook stone placed in the oven.
- Bake for about 3-4 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Eat right. Have fun. Master real Italian pizza art!